Cancellation, Transfer, Credit & Weather Policy
"The Dirt Series isn’t just a weekend. It’s a whole frame of mind, and a key to the best riding experiences one could ever imagine."
We understand that changes to plans can happen, and we try our best to accommodate most circumstances. Our general policy is based on the notice we're given:
- Up to two weeks before camp: full refund or credit, less $100 administration fee.
- Six to thirteen days before camp: 50% refund or credit worth 50% of original camp value.
- Five or fewer days before camp or no show: no refund or credit due.
Dirt Series reserves the right to cancel any camp due to insufficient registration or other factors that make the camp impractical to operate. In such instances, we will try our best to inform you at least 30 days prior to camp commencing, but depending on the circumstance, this may be closer to the event date.
Please avoid making nonrefundable travel arrangements until you have confirmed the camp will run as scheduled. We will provide all registered participants with 14 days (or more), notice and updates for all camps.
In the event the Dirt Series is required to cancel a scheduled camp, participants will be offered a transfer, transferable credit or in some cases a refund for their registration, with no administrative penalties.
Transfers are permitted within the same calendar year, and within the same country of your original registration. Transfers are not a guarantee, and are subject to the availability of the new camp. In the event that there is not a camp that works with your schedule, you may cancel your camp as per our standard Cancellation Policy.
- Up to two weeks before camp: $50 administration fee.
- Six to thirteen days before camp: $100 administration fee.
- Five or fewer days before camp: no transfers permitted.
COVID-19 Related Adjustments
COVID-19 has become a reality for Dirt Series, and as a result, we are happy to offer the following modifications to our cancellation policy to support our participants' health:
- If the Dirt Series has to cancel a camp and / or participants are unable to reach the camp location due to jurisdictional closures or restrictions, we will contact participants and offer three options: transfer, transferable credit or full refund.
- This does not extend to cross-border travel at this time. Participants are required to determine the appropriate requirements for their travel to camp, and our standard Cancellation Policy will apply.
- If you receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis for yourself, or someone you live with, or you are required to be quarantined as a result of contact-related exposure within 14 days of camp commencing, proof of diagnosis will be required for a full refund, or transfer to a later camp.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy:
- Up to six days before camp: transfer, credit or full refund.
- Five or fewer days before camp: credit.
- No show / no camp morning call: no refund.
If we are unable to ride due to extreme weather conditions, we will advise of a contingency plan that may result in a cancelled event. We will let you know as soon as possible if this situation arises. In the event that a camp day has to be cancelled, there is no guarantee of credit or discount for cancelled sessions, but we will do our best to be flexible in these situations.
Heavy rainfall can affect trail conditions and hinder our ability to run a successful skills session on grassy terrain. Although a rain event is not regarded as an “extreme” condition, oftentimes the skills site location or trail conditions are wet enough to constitute danger to our participants or coaches, or to the terrain we are renting, so we may need to make changes or alternative arrangements within a short time frame of camp commencing. We will be in touch via phone and/or email if a camp morning is delayed or altered due to weather, but unless you hear from a Dirt Series staff member, please arrive at camp as scheduled, ready to go.
Fire activity can often impact the air quality in the regions where we operate our camps. Smoke impacts are more likely in the latter-half of the summer season, so those with asthma or other respiratory conditions may wish to steer clear of this time frame. In general, we will not cancel a camp on account of smoky conditions, except in cases of clear danger to life or property, or if jurisdictional restrictions are put in place that bar us from safe operations.
Necessary changes to logistics and/or destination may occur with very short notice as fire conditions are constantly changing. We will do our best to keep you apprised of excessively smoky conditions that can be foreseen for your upcoming camp, but we also encourage you to stay informed about local fire activity: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/ (USA) or https://www.ciffc.ca/ (Canada).